Basis for Assessing the Status Quo (carbon footprints)
- The years 2016 and/or 2017 are used as a basis for calculating the total CO2 emissions generated at the locations.
- System boundaries: In practice, only GHG emissions caused by processes that are under the operational control of the company are recorded; these are the GHG emissions that occur directly at the company location, e.g. by burning fossil fuels or through leakage of refrigerants; power consumption and distant heating are also always accounted for
- Manufacturing industry: Scope 1 and Scope 2 (direct and indirect energy-related GHG emissions: the respective, GHG-emitting operations are under direct control of the company)
- Service provider: Scope 1 and Scope 2 (and business trips (Scope 3) if significant item in terms of climate impact)
- Existing efforts on carbon neutrality are recognised (after verification)