Calculation basis for capturing the status quo ((brief-) climate footprints)
- Years 2016 and/or 2017 are used as a basis for calculating the total CO2 emissions generated at the locations.
- System limits: as a matter of principle only the GHG emissions are included that are caused by processes under the operational control of the company; this is the GHG emissions directly caused at the corporate site, e.g. by burning of fossil fuels or coolant leakages; power consumption, distant heating are also factored in.
- Processing industry: Scope 1 and Scope 2 (direct and indirect energy-related GHG emissions: the emitting operations are under the control of the company)
- Service provider: Scope 1 and Scope 2 (and if need be business trips (Scope 3), if a crucial item in view of their climate impact)
- Existing activities on climate neutrality are acknowledged (after verification)